Volvo Champion Club
The key challenge for the sport is to encourage more young people to start participating in sailing and then progressing with their racing careers. This is best done at Club level and a successful Junior and Youth Programme will enable a club to flourish.
As a Volvo RYA Champion Club (VCC), your club would enjoy the support and help of the RYA in achieving its aims. Volvo RYA Champion Clubs are entitled to a series of benefits, including development advice and support from their local RYA High Performance Manager on:
- Continuously recruiting young sailors into the sport at the right age for them to have the best chances of achieving success in the future.
- Recruiting, training and contracting in coaches to support the delivery of club programmes.
- Providing a safe training and racing environment.
- Increasing the level of parental volunteer support.
- Making the best use of the Class Open Training programmes and open competition circuits.
- The structure of the club programme to optimise the development of young sailors and retain them.
- Promoting the programme.
- Securing additional financial support resources.
For further details on the process of becoming a Volvo RYA Champion Club, or if you are an existing Champion Club who would like further information on the scheme, please contact Mary Farrell (Mary.Farrell@rya.org.uk) or visit www.rya.org.uk/vcc.
RYA VCC revalidation
RYANI VCC Volunteer Grants Scheme
- RYANI Volunteer Grant Applciation Form 2011-12 (word 117kb)
- RYANI Volunteer Grant Guidance Notes 2011-12 (pdf 159kb)
- Becoming an RYA Volvo Champion Club
- Policy Guidance
- RYA Champion Club's in Northern Ireland
- RYA Champion Club TV
- Free Coaching Request Form (PDF 2.1MB)
- Champion Club Newsletter 2010 (PDF 1.2MB)
- Champion Club Newsletter 2009 (PDF 934KB)